All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe social sciences continue to generate vast amounts of research, which is typically published in scholarly mographs and journal articles. This research, in turn, is summarized in a wide range of reference sources, such as bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, and yearbooks. Now in its third edition, this essential guide provides entries for roughly 1,600 reference sources in the social sciences, including anthropology, business, ecomics, education, geography, history, law, political science, psychology, and sociology. Most titles published before 1980, which are listed in the second edition, have been excluded, while the present volume gives special attention to electronic resources, including more than 200 web sites. The first part of the volume contains chapters on the social sciences in general, including discussions of available research tools. It also provides brief descriptions of the features and search methods of online vendors and reviews the specialized reference sources available in selected periodicals. The second part contains chapters on reference sources in particular social science disciplines. The first section of each chapter examines access to these sources through such tools as bibliographies, indexes, and abstracts, while the second looks at particular types of works, such as directories and encyclopedias. In most cases, entries are listed alphabetically under each heading and subheading, with full bibliographic information provided.
- Author BiographyTZE-CHUNG LI is Professor in the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at Dominican University. He was formerly National Librarian for the Republic of China and is the author of numerous articles and several books, including An Introduction to Online Searching (Greenwood, 1985).
- Author(s)Tze-chung Li
- Date of Publication30/04/2000
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight939 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.