Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
About this product
- DescriptionMario Bunge, author of the monumental Treatise on Basic Philosophy, is widely rewned as a philosopher of science. In this new and ambitious work he shifts his attention to the social sciences and the social techlogies. He considers a number of disciplines, including anthropology, sociology, ecomics, political science, law, history, and management science. Bunge contends that social science research has fallen prey to a postmodern fascination with irrationalism and relativism. He urges social scientists to re-examine the philosophy and the methodology at the base of their discipline. Bunge calls for objective and relevant fact-finding, rigorous theorizing, and empirical testing, as well as morally sensitive and socially responsible policy design.
- Author BiographyMario Bunge is the Frothingham Professor of Logic and Metaphysics in the Department of Philosophy at McGill University.
- Author(s)Mario Bunge
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication16/11/1999
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note18 line illustrations, 2 tables
- Weight740 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.