All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Sciences in Sport presents discipline-specific kwledge in the social sciences, which aids in understanding the problems and potential of contemporary sport practices and experiences. This interdisciplinary reference provides in-depth coverage of sport studies and 14 social sciences, drawing connections across these disciplines to illuminate key issues and illustrate possibilities for change. This reference places sport in the broader social sciences, showing where researchers in sport and exercise science and other disciplines can augment their kwledge base. This book covers both theory and research in social science and sport.
- Author BiographyJoseph Maguire is a professor of sociology of sport in the School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences at Loughborough. He is a past president of both the International Sociology of Sport Association (ISSA) and International Sociological Association Research Committee 27 (Sociology of Sport).
- Author(s)Joseph Maguire
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white halftones
- Weight939 g
- Width254 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.