Social Statistics for a Diverse Society: AND SPSS Student Version 16.0 CD-ROM by Anna Y. Leon-Guerrero, Chava Frankfort-Nachmias (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $191.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edition includes SPSS student version 16.0 software bundled with the Student Resource CD material. With this important resource, students may work with most data sets from their personal computers. Using straightforward prose and emphasizing intuition and common sense, this book teaches basic statistics while incorporating real research examples related to the dynamic interplay of race, class, gender and other social variables within our society and our global neighbours. The text includes resources designed to support effective teaching: illustrations showing how statistical concepts are used to interpret social issues, guides for reading and interpreting the research literature, SPSS demonstrations, and a rich variety of exercises. This new edition has been substantially reorganized, to include: descriptive and inferential statistics in discrete units, followed by coverage of data analysis; social issues beyond race and gender, for example, class and mobility; new end-of-chapter exercises; a fresh data set for crimilogy and social work; and, fully updated features, including 'Learning Checks', 'Statistics in Practice', 'A Closer Look' boxes and other helpful devices.
- Author BiographyAnna Leon-Guerrero is Professor of Sociology at Pacific Lutheran University in Washington. She received her Ph.D. in sociology from the University of California, Los Angeles. She teaches courses in statistics, social theory and social problems. Her areas of research and publications include family business, social welfare policy, and social service program evaluation. She is also the co-author of Social Statistics for a Diverse Society, and co-editor of Contemporary Readings in Social Problems. Chava Frankfort-Nachmias is now an Emeritus Professor of Sociology at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, where until recently she had been Director of the Center for Jewish Studies and teaching courses in research methods, statistics and gender. She is the co-author of Research Methods in the Social Sciences (with David Nachmias) and co-editor of Sappho in the Holy Land (with Erella Shadmi) and numerous publications on ethnicity and development, urban revitalization, science and gender, and women in Israel. She was the recipient of the University of Wisconsin System teaching improvement grant on integrating race, ethnicity and gender into the social statistics and research methods curriculum.
- Author(s)Anna Y. Leon-Guerrero,Chava Frankfort-Nachmias
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPine Forge
- Out-of-print date02/04/2014
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight1411 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.