All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Studies Today will help educators-teachers, curriculum specialists, and researchers-think deeply about contemporary social studies education. More than simply learning about key topics, this collection invites readers to think through some of the most relevant, dynamic, and challenging questions animating social studies education today. With 12 new chapters highlighting recent developments in the field, the second edition features the work of major scholars such as James Banks, Diana Hess, Joel Westheimer, Meira Levinson, Sam Wineburg, Beth Rubin, Keith Barton, Margaret Crocco, and more. Each chapter tackles a specific question on issues such as the difficulties of teaching historical thinking in the classroom, responding to high-stakes testing, teaching patriotism, judging the credibility of Internet sources, and teaching with film and geospatial techlogies. Accessible, compelling, and practical, these chapters-full of rich examples and illustrations-showcase some of the most original thinking in the field, and offer pre- and in-service teachers alike a paramic window on social studies curricula and instruction and new ways to improve them. Walter C. Parker is Professor and Chair of Social Studies Education and (by courtesy) Professor of Political Science at the University of Washington, Seattle.
- Author BiographyWalter C. Parker is Professor and Chair of Social Studies Education and (by courtesy) Professor of Political Science at the University of Washington, Seattle.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byWalter C. Parker
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.