All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may t be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase. This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version. The most popular elementary social studies methods text on the market, this comprehensive, stimulating introduction to social studies in elementary and middle schools presents the elements of a strong social studies curriculum, explains effective teaching methods, and presents a wealth of field-tested examples, exercises, activities, and lesson plans that bring the subject matter to life. It presents critically important ideas and sometimes-complex methods in a clear, straightforward, accessible manner, while focusing on teaching to help K-8 students develop social understanding and the ability to think and act as democratic citizens in a multicultural society. Beginning and new teachers get the understanding and tools they need to unleash their intelligence and creativity on the subject area, and see how they can make social studies a subject that students anticipate and enjoy and that gives purpose and context to reading, writing, science, and math. While continuing to blend theory and practice, this new edition of Social Studies in Elementary Education brings the book into the digital age, emphasizing teaching social studies well and stressing understanding of the practices of good social studies teaching. The key revisions include features that focus on reflection and discussion, issues and challenges, standards, learning to question, differentiated instruction, trends affecting school today, teaching in diverse classrooms, Response to Intervention (RTI), maps and mapping, using digital resources effectively in teaching, and selecting and using children s literature. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos and assessments. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(r) and Android(r) tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
- 0134043405 / 9780134043401 Social Studies in Elementary Education, Enhanced Pearson eText - Access Card
- 0134055659 / 9780134055657 Social Studies in Elementary Education, Loose-Leaf Version
- Author BiographyWalter Parker teaches in the College of Education at the University of Washington in Seattle. He studies K 12 social studies education and, in particular, the civic development of youth. He is especially interested in the ways civic education, multicultural education, and global education overlap. His other books include Teaching Democracy: Unity and Diversity in Public Life (2003); and Social Studies Today: Research & Practice (2015). Walter was born and raised in Englewood, Colorado, on Denver s south side, and taught social studies for ten years in Adams County on Denver s north side. Terence Beck teaches in the School of Education at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington. He works with aspiring K-12 teachers in the areas of social studies and literacy education. He also teaches classes focused on issues of education and social justice. Terence is particularly interested in classroom conversations that engage diverse students in thinking and exploring big and often controversial ideas. Terence taught in elementary and middle schools for 11 years before serving nine years as an elementary school principal.
- Author(s)Terence A Beck,Walter C Parker
- Date of Publication20/01/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleWhat's New in Curriculum & Instruction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight862 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book
- Edition Statement15th
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.