All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe Social Theory in Education Primer shows how classical sociology sets the frame for theory and research in education. Three major paradigms are explained in their historical context, and are used as a key to making sense of contemporary work that understands education from a sociological point of view. The central classical theorists considered are seen both in their own context, and also as the founders of the major movements that have continuing influence. The social theories of Durkheim, Marx, and Weber are used to frame and orient concepts for the different models of contemporary work. This primer is essential reading for courses devoted to social theory and education; sociology of education; social foundations of education; history of education; history of sociology; sociological theory; and sociology of knowledge.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Philip Wexler is Professor of Sociology of Education at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He was formerly the Scandling Professor and Dean of the Warner Graduate School of Education at the University of Rochester. Wexler is the author of a number of books, including Social Analysis of Education; Becoming Somebody; Mystical Society; and Symbolic Movement: Critique and Spirituality in Sociology of Education; as well as numerous journal articles. He serves as an advisor and editor for various journals in sociology and education.
- Author(s)Philip Wexler
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitlePeter Lang Primer
- Series Part/Volume Number28
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight200 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.