All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on the theoretical work of Deleuze and Guattari and that of Jean Laplanche - particularly his major and as yet still relatively unfamiliar tion of the phantasme - Social Formation in Hardy's Major Novels is a re-reading of Hardy's four major tragic vels. The readings are sophisticated and yet accessible. The theoretical work is complemented by the use of hitherto unregarded major empirical findings that reveal the very heart of Hardy's creative universe.
- Author BiographyDAVID MUSSELWHITE is Senior Lecturer in Literature at the University of Essex, UK. He is responsible for courses on Literary Theory, Latin American Literature, the European Enlightenment and the English Novel. He has published work in all four areas and his book on the English Novel (Partings Welded Together) was published in 1987.
- Author(s)David Musselwhite
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication16/09/2003
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight368 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.