Social Work, Social Welfare and American Society by Leslie Leighninger, Philip R. Popple (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $241.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $212.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Work, Social Welfare and American Society provides students with a political perspective on social welfare with definitions of liberal, conservative, and radical positions - in order to help them better appreciate the political context of social welfare programs.
This popular introductory text is written by two of the best-kwn authors in social work and social welfare. The Eighth Edition continues to examine the values, ethics, and kwledge needed by social workers, as well as exploring social workers' current roles in social welfare programs. A key strength of this text is its strong coverage of the history of social welfare movements. It allows students to place welfare developments in an historical context.
- Author BiographyPhilip R. Popple, BS, University of North Texas; MSW, Washington University (St. Louis); Ph.D, Washington University (St. Louis). Dr. Popple has seven years social work practice experience as a child welfare worker, a program evaluator, child welfare training specialist, and training administrator. He began his academic career in 1976 and has served as an advanced standing program coordinator, a baccalaureate program director at two schools, a school director/chair at two schools, and is currently serving as Baccalaureate Program Director at the University of Texas at Arlington, where he served as Interim Dean in 2008/2009. Dr. Popple is co-author of three social work texts: Social Work, Social Welfare, and American Society, 8th ed., 2008 (with Leslie Leighninger); The Policy Based Profession, An Introduction to Policy Analysis for Social Workers, 5th ed., 2011; and Child Welfare Social Work: An Introduction, 2007 (with Francine Vecchiolla). He is currently under contract with Allyn & Bacon for a book to be titled Compassion and Protection: A History of Social Work and Social Welfare in the United States. Leslie Leighningeris a Professor Emerita at the School of Social Work at Arizona State University. She has degrees from Oberlin College, Syracuse University, and the University of California Berkeley. She is the author of Social Work : Search for Identity, and Creating a New Profession: The Beginnings of Social Work Education in the United States. Her research specialty is social work and social welfare history. She was a Vice President of the National Association of Deans and Directors of Social Work and the Council of Social Work Education.
- Author(s)Leslie Leighninger,Philip R. Popple
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication17/11/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson Education (US)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1148 g
- Width203 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06