Social Work Theory and Practice: From Theory to Practice by Marie Connolly, Louise Harms (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by thecoop_au
- Est. delivery by 31 Jan
- AU $49.50+ AU $8.50 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by okky00
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial workers practice across a wide range of settings with many different people. Some work primarily with individuals, some work with families or groups of people in therapeutic or community contexts, while others focus on community advocacy, community action and social change. In such diverse disciplinary contexts, the tion of theoretically informed practice can seem complicated. Written as a core text, the book captures the critical information students need to feel confident in the application of theory to practice. Integrated case studies from both Australasian and international perspectives illustrate how theory works in practice and how theory facilitates change. Social Work: From Theory to Practice provides a comprehensive exploration of kwledge in practice, the use of evidence as a basis for practice, and the ways in which theory helps practitioners to understand, make sense of, and respond to complex human needs.
- Author BiographyMarie Connolly: Marie has recently joined Melbourne University after 5 years as Chief Social Worker, a senior executive within the New Zealand government. In this role she was involved in strategically reforming the NZ child welfare system, provided social work leadership across the sector and provided advice to the Minister, the head of the Ministry of Social Development and the child welfare service within the Ministry. Prior to this she was Associate Professor at the University of Canterbury and founding Director of the Te Awatea Violence Research Centre. She has published extensively in her area of scholarship including recent books: lives cut short: child death by maltreatment (2007); Morals, rights and practice in the human services (2008); and Social work contexts and practice (2009). She has a social work background in child protection. Louise Harms worked as a medical social worker before moving into an academic career. She has authored three books and co-edited one book (with Marie Connolly) for Oxford University Press, focusing on social work developmental theory and practice skills. She is currently Chair of the Editorial Board of Australian Social Work, the national social work journal.
- Author(s)Louise Harms,Marie Connolly
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date07/09/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.