All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorking with children in foster care is a demanding and rigorous aspect of social work practice. Often difficult decisions have to be made and for students and practitioners alike, there is a vast array of legislation, law and social policy to understand. This book will help social workers and social work students get to grips with the complexity of foster care. The child is placed at the heart of the text and there are substantial chapters on law, policy frameworks and the overreaching theoretical and research evidence to support good practice.
- Author BiographyHelen Cosis Brown is a Principal Lecturer in Social Work at Middlesex University. She also works as an independent foster carer reviewing officer and currently chairs a local authority fostering panel. She worked as a social worker and a social work manager in inner London before moving into social work education. Her publications focus on fostering and adoption and social work with lesbians and gay men.
- Author(s)Helen Cosis-Brown
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePost-Qualifying Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width169 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.