All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEffective social work practice relies on good understanding of the law along with the skills to use this kwledge well. This essential reader provides a wide-ranging thematic account of social work practice in Scotland, making critical links between concepts, the contexts of practice and first-hand experiences of Scottish social work law. Reflecting the pace of change in the law since the previous edition, the book combines fully updated chapters by some of the original authors, with newly commissioned pieces. Written by leading academics and practitioners in the field, it captures key developments in Scottish legislation and the implications for practitioners, covering important subjects such as: Service user and carer rights Legal and social work values Accountability Effective assessment Safeguarding, risk and protection Youth and adult criminal justice Partnership, participation and advocacy Delivery of personalised services. Social Work and the Law in Scotland is core reading for all those undertaking academic study or professional practice within the field. It is also a key resource for anyone looking to update their kwledge on the nature and development of the ever-evolving legislative landscape of Scotland.
- Author BiographyROGER DAVIS Staff Tutor in the Faculty of Health and Social Care, The Open University in Scotland. He is chair of the Social Work and the Law in Scotland course that this Reader accompanies and is also co-chair of the Foundation for Social Work Practice course. He has been involved in social work education since 1994 and has taught a range of Open University courses since 1999. Roger has practised as a Social Worker and Mental Health Officer. He also has experience in the voluntary sector and as an independent social care educator. He is currently a member of the Mental Health Tribunal for Scotland. JEAN GORDON Associate Lecturer at The Open University in Scotland and an Independent Researcher. She has worked in Scotland as a Social Worker and Mental Health Officer in schools, hospitals and community mental health settings. She combines teaching on the Open University's social work programme in Scotland with research, writing and publishing in the fields of mental health, social work education, and practice learning.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/12/2010
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 3 line drawings
- Weight367 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJean Gordon,Roger Davis
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.