Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Work in Health and Mental Health: Issues, Developments, and Actions was created for final year undergraduate and master's level students in the health and mental health fields. It is primarily a book on social work practice, discussing how one might approach a specific health or mental health related problem or issue as a social worker. Health and mental health are conceptualized broadly in this volume. The health and well-being of body and mind are seen as integrally connected, shaped by biological, physics, psychological, material, social, and structural features and determinants. Clients are viewed as active, engaged agents, with strengths and resources from which to draw in meeting everyday challenges and major life crises. Contributions form around the world allow the social work student to learn about current practice in places as diverse as Australia, Finland, China, South Africa, Wales, Canada, and the United States. Each chapter is accompanied by both reflection questions and a case study derived from practice and written to stimulate discussion that develops assessment and treatment planning skills.
- Author BiographyDr. Tuula Heinonen is an associate professor at the University of Manitoba, Canada. Dr. Anna Metteri is an associate professor at the Department of Social Policy and Social Work Practice at the University of Tampere, Finland.
- PublisherCanadian Scholars Press
- Date of Publication20/08/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCanadian Scholars Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAnna Metteri,Tuula Heinonen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.