Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionFurthering social justice and human rights is a fundamental principle underlying the social work profession. Engaging in social policy formulation processes is a major route through which social workers can realise this goal. This type of social work activity has been termed 'policy practice'. The aim of this book is to shed light on policy practice in social work discourse, education and practice in eight liberal democracies. This is the first effort to undertake a cross-national study of social worker engagement in social policy formulation processes. The book offers insights into questions such as 'what is the importance attributed to social worker involvement in policy change in the social work discourse and education in different countries?' and 'how do social workers influence social policy in various national settings?' These issues are relevant to social worker practitioners, students, educators and researchers, as well as to social policy scholars, who are interested in the role of professionals in social policy formulation.
- Author BiographyJohn Gal is professor and dean at the Paul Baewald School of Social Work and Social Welfare at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He has published extensively on social policy in a comparative perspective and on policy practice among social workers. Idit Weiss-Gal is associate professor at the Bob Shapell School of Social Work at Tel Aviv University. She has published extensively on the professional ideologies of social workers, on social work as a profession and on policy practice.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byIdit Weiss-Gal,John Gal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.