All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
About this product
- DescriptionIn an era where new areas of life and new problems call for rmative solutions while the plurality of values in society challenge the very basis for rmative solutions, this book looks at a growing field of research on the relations between social and legal rms. New techlogies and social media offer new ways to communicate about rmative issues and the centrality of formal law and how rmativity comes about is a question for debate. This book offers empirical and theoretical research in the field of social and legal rms and will inspire future debate and research in terms of internationalization and cross-national comparative studies. It presents a consistent picture of empirical research in different social and organizational areas and will deepen the theoretical understanding regarding the interplay between social and legal rms. Including chapters written from four different aspects of rmativity, the contributors argue that rmativity is a result of combinations between law in books, law in action, social rms and social practice. The book uses a variety of different international examples, ranging from Sweden, Uzbekistan, Colombia and Mexico. Primarily aimed at scholars in sociology of law, socio-legal studies, law and legal theory, the book will also interest those in sociology, political science and psychology.
- Author BiographyMatthias Baier is Head of Department, Sociology of Law, at Lund University, Sweden. His research interests are in the areas of Regulation of Sustainable Development, Norms, Participation, and Law in the Public Sphere. He has published widely on these and related areas.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/11/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMatthias Baier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.