All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume advocates pragmatic market socialism and offers a penetrating critique of the entire range of capitalist apologetics. As James A. Yunker envisions it, pragmatic market socialism would virtually duplicate the everyday ecomic functions of market capitalist ecomies, such as the United States' ecomy. However, public ownership of large, established corporations would enable profits to be distributed among the entire labor force rather than going largely to a class of inheriting rentiers. Pragmatic market socialism would be a means of enhancing ecomic justice and fairness without sacrificing the efficiency advantages of free enterprise and the market ecomy. Yunker presents both theoretical and empirical evidence countering various widely-accepted justifications for capitalism. He argues that much of what passes for anti-socialist thought does t actually address socialism at all but rather the various adverse historical correlates of socialism such as the Communist one-party state, Soviet-style central planning, and the Scandinavian welfare state. This book will be of great interest to ecomists specializing in comparative ecomic systems to political scientists with an interest in the evolution of political/ecomic systems.
- Author BiographyJAMES A. YUNKER is Professor of Economics at Western Illinois University in Macomb. His many articles have appeared in publications such as the Annals of Public and Cooperative Economy, the Journal of Economic Issues, and Comparative Economic Studies.
- Author(s)James A. Yunker
- Date of Publication30/04/1992
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.