Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis study by Simonia is among the first to present an in-depth analysis of the theory and practical effect of the transition to socialism in Russia. The work consists of two parts: the first deals with the attempt initiated by Lenin to affect a socialist system, the evolution of his theoretical thought, and his search for a model of indirect transition to socialism (through state capitalism); the second analyzes Stalin's direct declaration of state-bureaucratic socialism, his distortion of the ideas of cooperation, state capitalism, and socialist accumulation, and the failure of his communist society. In concluding, Simonia relates Russia's socialist development to its current ecomic and socio-political problems, providing insights into its tortuous and thorny history.
- Author BiographyNODARI A. SIMONIA is Deputy Director of the Institute of World Economy and International Relations in Moscow. He is a corresponding member of the Academy of Sciences of Russia and is the author of a number of books, including Synthesis of Traditional and Modern in the Evolution of Third World Societies (Greenwood, 1992).
- Author(s)Nodari A. Simonia
- Date of Publication23/02/1994
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleContributions in Political Science
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 33.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.