All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocialist planning played an ermous role in the ecomic and political history of the twentieth century. Beginning in the USSR it spread round the world. It influenced ecomic institutions and ecomic policy in countries as varied as Bulgaria, USA, China, Japan, India, Poland and France. How did it work? What were its weaknesses and strengths? What is its legacy for the twenty-first century? Now in its third edition, this textbook is fully updated to cover the findings of the period since the collapse of the USSR. It provides an overview of socialist planning, explains the underlying theory and its limitations, looks at its implementation in various sectors of the ecomy, and places developments in their historical context. A new chapter analyses how planning worked in the defence-industrial complex. This book is an ideal text for undergraduate and graduate students taking courses in comparative ecomic systems and twentieth-century ecomic history.
- Author BiographyMichael Ellman is Emeritus Professor in the Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. He is the author, co-author and editor of numerous books and articles on the Soviet and Russian economies, on transition economics, and on Soviet economic and political history. In 1998, he was awarded the Kondratieff prize for his 'contributions to the development of the social sciences'.
- Author(s)Michael Ellman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note14 b/w illus. 40 tables
- Weight740 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.11Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.