Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionSocietal Fragments is a three vella combination- Effervescent Errors, Cries of Agony, and Making of A Misandrist. The uniqueness of each story to address societal issues is depicted with exploration of plethoric provision that literature, in its entirety, offers: Prose, Poetry and Drama; hence this book can be described as a cocktail literature. The stories are written with utmost simplicity void of any superfluity. Male chauvinism, feminism, workers plight, sexual harassment in high places, girl-child education, police extortion, widow's plights and corruption are some of the issues address with subliminal precision to details. You will be held breathless.
- Author BiographySeven goats, seven beads, Seven cowries, seven nuts, Seven lives that's what I've got, I'm an African boy Over seas, over land, over mountains and in the wild I'll be brave and I'll be strong, I'm an African boy... -BEAUTIFUL NUBIA, SEVEN LIVES Monday, 21st of July 1980, late in the evening, Adebayo Coker's birth was announced by the doctor on call at Massey Street Children Hospital, Lagos Island, Lagos state Nigeria, West Africa. He prefers to be called 'Debayo when he came of age. He has a first degree in English and Masters in Public and International Affairs from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife and the University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, respectively. He sees arts as a mean to effecting positive social (re-) engineering; most of his writings are geared towards raising the consciousness of his readers to their environment. To him, writing is a subliminal call which he must yield to; a point of orgasmic saturation - in the quietude of the night and or even of the boisterousness of the day he creatively sews words to illustrate the weight of his imagination; hence he left corporate Nigeria to becoming a full time writer in 2013. Societal Fragments is his debut.
- Author(s)Debayo Coker
- PublisherBeeni Global Resources
- Date of Publication04/07/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLagos
- Country of PublicationNigeria
- ImprintBeeni Global Resources
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width203 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.