All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe major purpose of Societies in Space is to encourage the involvement of the Social Sciences in the construction of the High Frontier. Such an enterprise involves elements like the social construction of space settlements, orbiting communities, and the search for extraterrestrial intelligence. This incipient subject matter should offer a challenging and exotic environment for direct Social Science participation.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Alvin Rudoff is Professor Emeritus at San Jose State University in the Sociology Department. A graduate of the University of California - Berkeley, he has taught at Berkeley, Chinese University - Hong Kong, and the University of Maryland in Japan. He is the author of two books, five monographs, and some twenty journal articles, and many special reports. Societies in Space is the outcome of a sabbatical with NASA.
- Author(s)Alvin Rudoff
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1996
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 11: Anthropology/Sociology
- Series Part/Volume Number69
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight470 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.