All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology provides an insight into Latin American sociocultural life and history as expressed by the medium of film. After an overview about the Socio-political Cinema in Latin America, the subsequent articles spotlight socio-historical and cinematic topics such as Film and History, Guerilla Filmmaking and Indigeus Cinema. The following essays aim at presenting paradigmatically selected nations with their rich and turbulent histories and at providing the opportunity for more detailed discussion of some of the fascinating Latin American film-makers. Finally, various reviews of mainly contemporary films focusing on socio-critical aspects complete this volume.
- Author BiographyIsabel Maurer Queipo is assistant professor of French, Spanish and Latin American literature, culture, and media studies at the University of Siegen (Germany).
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleRomania Viva Texte und Studien zu Literatur und Film Der Romania im 20 - Und 21 - Jahrhundert
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byIsabel Maurer Queipo
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.