All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionSociocultural Realities: Exploring New Horizons examines sociocultural approaches in the education sector, from early childhood to tertiary. With few publications covering such a range, there is a common struggle to gain a better understanding of the impact of social and cultural discourses on learning and teaching; this book aims to encourage the discussion and application of the theory and practice by researchers, policy-makers and teacher educators in Aotearoa New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and elsewhere. The evolution of sociocultural theory is illustrated, and its links to cultural diversity across these three geographically distinct settings are shared. By way of a range of personal experiences, and some invative research that showcases sociocultural theory in practice, the book offers practical examples for educators to employ in today's diverse learning contexts. Three key messages recur: the importance of people working in partnership, the worthiness of protecting diversity and uniqueness, and the significance of participation as an enabler of success. Sociocultural Realities: Exploring New Horizons is a reference for teachers, special education advisors, psychologists, university lecturers and paraprofessionals.
- Author BiographyAngus Macfarlane is Professor of Maori Research at the University of Canterbury and Kaihautu (Senior Maori Advisor) of the New Zealand Psychological Society. Sonja Macfarlane is a senior lecturer in the School of Health Sciences and Co-Director of the Maori Research Laboratory at the University of Canterbury. Melinda Webber is a senior lecturer in the School of Learning, Development and Professional Practice at the Faculty of Education, University of Auckland.
- Author(s)Angus MacFarlane,Melinda Webber,Sonja MacFarlane
- PublisherCanterbury University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChristchurch
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintCanterbury University Press
- Content Note2 colour illustrations, 8 black and white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.