All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn this accessible introduction to Vygotskian sociocultural theory, narratives illuminate key concepts of the theory. These key concepts include mediation; Zone of Proximal Development; collaborative dialogue and private speech; everyday and scientific concepts; the interrelatedness of cognition and emotion; activity theory; and assessment. A final chapter provides readers with an opportunity to consider two additional narratives and apply the SCT concepts that they have become familiar with. We hear from learners, teachers and researchers in a variety of languages, contexts, ages and proficiencies. Intended for graduate and undergraduate audiences, this new edition of the textbook includes controversies in the field, improved questions for collaborative discussion and provides updated references to important work in the literature of second language teaching, learning and research.
- Author BiographyThe authors, each from a different background, share a passion for sociocultural theory. Each author brings stories, data and experiences from her area of expertise: second language pedagogy and teacher development (Linda); classroom teaching with second language and bilingual students across a range of contexts (Penny); and teaching and research in bilingual education and second language learning and testing (Merrill). Merrill Swain is Professor Emeritus in the Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Department at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) of the University of Toronto. Penny Kinnear is Lecturer at the University of Toronto. Linda Steinman is Associate Professor in the Department of Languages, Literatures and Linguistics at York University in Toronto.
- Author(s)Linda Steinman,Merrill Swain,Penny Kinnear
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- Series TitleMM Textbooks
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width174 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.