All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge offers a direct and powerful challenge to the fatal shortcomings of virtually all currently dominant ecomic paradigms, including those of capitalism, socialism, communism, and so-called mixed ecomies. The alternative socioecomic democracy, and advanced theoretical model in which there is some form of universal guaranteed income as well as a limit to maximum allowable personal wealth, combined with a realistic degree of human flexibility based on public choice theory. Arguing that such a procedure would allow a society to democratically control the extreme limits of material wealth and poverty, the author forecasts that such a system will create strong ecomic incentives while reducing the present undesirable and expensive social problems associated with the maldistribution of wealth. This invative book will be of interest to scholars and others interested in exploring ways to strengthen democracy while improving ecomic systems around the world.
- Author BiographyROBLEY E.GEORGE is the founder and Director of the Center for the Study of Democratic Societies, and is the author of numerous articles and several books.
- Author(s)Robley E. George
- Date of Publication30/06/2002
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight639 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.