All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic volume, by a well-kwn linguist, constitutes a systematic introduction to sociolinguistics, unmatched in the clarity and forcefulness of its approach, and to the study of language in its social setting.
- Author BiographyWilliam Labov is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Pennsylvania and author of Language in the Inner City, also published by the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Author(s)William Labov
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1973
- Series TitleConduct & Communication
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.