All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSociolinguistics: Method and Interpretation presents a thorough and practical description of current sociolinguistic methodology while recognizing that methodological decisions can never be separated from questions of theory. * Presents a thorough and practical description of current sociolinguistic methodology. * Considers a range of issues including speaker selection, data collection, social considerations, phological and syntactical variation, style--shifting and code--switching. * Recognizes that methodological decisions can never be separated from questions of theory. * Stresses the need for the entire research process from the initial design of the project to the interpretation of results to be grounded in theoretically defensible positions. * Shows how the research paradigm established by a few influential pioneers has been fruitfully expanded by exciting new trends.
- Author BiographyLesley Milroy is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Michigan. She is the author of numerous books and articles, including Authority in Language (third edition, 1999) and Language and Social Networks (second edition, Blackwell 1987). Matthew Gordon is Assistant Professor of English at the University of Missouri--Columbia. He is the author of Small--Town Values, Big--City Vowels: A Study of the Northern Cities Shift in Michigan (2001).
- Author(s)Lesley Milroy,Matthew J. Gordon
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/2002
- Series TitleLanguage in Society
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note19 illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.