All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe present work was written to highlight the impact of social change on modern sports and their athletes. The book deals with the Sociological Aspects of Modern Sports and features articles on social change and sports development (e.g. the problem of doping and the responsibility of science, talent identification and promotion), on the Olympics (e.g. the Olympic idea and reality, the athletes' village) and on athletics (e.g. on the development of world athletics, what makes athletics valuable).
- Author BiographyAfter his career as a professional handball player, Digel became president of the German Athletics Federation in 1993. From 1993 to 2002 he was Vice president of the National Olympic Committee for Germany. He was elected Sports Official of the Year twice (in 1994 and 1998). He was the Vice president of the International Association of Athletics Federations until 2007. In August 2007 he joined the IAAF Council. Digel's main research area lies in the field of sport sociology. He is author of numerous articles on elite sport.
- Author(s)Helmut Digel
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationGarsington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Width145 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.