All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe contributions in this volume highlight the value of sociological theorizing in various strands of crimilogical research. The chapters present concrete analyses and discussions of how sociological theory has been useful to the respective authors efforts in crimilogical research. Collectively, they aim to show that some of the very best crimilogical work is informed in useful and varied ways by sociological theory. Revealing the global reach and nationally distinct variations in the practice of sociological theory and crimilogy, this volume is explicitly trans-Atlantic in terms of its contributors and the topics and theories they discuss. This book offers ten informative chapters as well as two commentaries, written by some of the leading practitioners of crimilogical theory and research today. Among the theoretical traditions discussed in this book are a range of perspectives, including macro and micro models as well as theories of criminal behavior and perspectives of social control. The empirical aspects of crime and criminal justice to which these theories are applied are likewise varied and, importantly, drawn from concrete socio-historical settings in multiple nations. The chapters reveal the breadth and depth of crimilogical sociology in its explicit and informed reliance on insights from sociological theory. This title discusses the usefulness of sociological theory in crimilogical research. It includes international contributors for a multinational perspective.
- PublisherEmerald Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication21/06/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleSociology of Crime, Law & Deviance
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight597 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byMathieu Deflem
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.