All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on studies of social class, crime and deviance, work in bureaucracies, and changes in religious and political organizations, this Very Short Introduction explores the tension between the individual's role in society and society's role in shaping the individual, and demonstrates the value of sociology as a perspective for understanding the modern world. ABOUT THE SERIES: The Very Short Introductions series from Oxford University Press contains hundreds of titles in almost every subject area. These pocket-sized books are the perfect way to get ahead in a new subject quickly. Our expert authors combine facts, analysis, perspective, new ideas, and enthusiasm to make interesting and challenging topics highly readable.
- Author BiographySteve Bruce is Professor of Sociology at the University of Aberdeen. He has written extensively on the nature of religion in the modern world and on the conflict in Northern Ireland. His most recent work on the former is Religion in the Modern World; on the latter, The Edge of the Union: The Ulster Loyalist Political Vision. His two interests combine in Conservative Protestant Politics.
- Author(s)Steve Bruce
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2000
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight111 g
- Width112 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.