All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSociology and Education is a sound introduction to sociology of education. The book examines the respective logics behind the contemporary sociological approaches to education, their assumptions and their limits. It clarifies the links between psychology of cognitive development, micro-sociology and macro-sociology, as well as the role ascribed to human reason in social action. Special attention is given to major scientific discussions and empirical findings regarding inequality of educational opportunity. Rooted in both American and European sociology, the book helps the reader grasp the viewpoint of the different theoretical approaches to formal education and thus to envisage new perspectives.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Nathalie Bulle is Researcher in the French National Center of Scientific Research (CNRS) with the Methods of Sociological Analysis Research Group (GEMAS), Paris. She is the author of La rationalite des decisions scolaires (1999), Ecole et Societe - Les paradoxes de la democratie (2001, ed. with R. Boudon et M. Cherkaoui) and L'ecole et son double. Essai sur l'evolution pedagogique en France (to be published).
- Author(s)Nathalie Bulle
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight470 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Translated byNora Scott
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.