All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a short introduction to the emergence and development of sociology in Ireland until the present day.The institutionalization of the discipline came relatively late as it remained under the control of the Catholic Church. However, since the 1970s sociology has witnessed periods of considerable growth and professionalization.
- Author BiographyBryan Fanning is Professor in the School of Applied Social Science at University College Dublin, Ireland. He has published extensively on the impact of immigration on Irish society. His books include The Quest for Modern Ireland: The Battle of Ideas 1912-1986 (2008), Racism and Social Change in the Republic of Ireland: 2nd Edition (2012) and Histories of the Irish Future (2014). Andreas Hess is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at University College Dublin, Ireland and is Faculty Fellow at Yale's Center for Cultural Sociology. His interests are mainly in the fields of cultural sociology and the sociology of ideas. His latest publication is The Political Theory of Judith N. Shklar: Exile from Exile (2014).
- Author(s)Dr. Andreas Hess,Professor Bryan Fanning
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/12/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleSociology Transformed
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Pivot
- Content Notebiography
- Weight274 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.