Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis best-selling comprehensive book conveys the relevance of sociology by presenting a timely collection of theories, research, and examples-including its signature first-person accounts that open many chapters. Experiences represented in these opening vignettes accurately mirror the richness and complexity of society, while also establishing the themes that are carried throughout the chapters. Author Diana Kendall's vivid and inviting writing style, emphasis on applications, and eye for the most compelling current examples highlight sociology's relevance to all readers. Now in its Tenth Edition, SOCIOLOGY IN OUR TIMES is acclaimed in the field for being the first book to integrate race, class, and gender issues, and for its thorough presentation of sociological theory, including contemporary perspectives such as feminism and postmodernism.
- Author BiographyDiana Kendall is Professor of Sociology at Baylor University, where she has been recognized as an Outstanding Professor. She has taught a variety of courses, including Introduction to Sociology, Sociological Theory (undergraduate and graduate), Sociology of Medicine, Sociology of Law, and Race, Class, and Gender. Previously, she enjoyed many years of teaching sociology and serving as chair of the Social and Behavioral Science Division at Austin Community College. Dr. Kendall's areas of specialization and primary research interests are sociological theory and the sociology of medicine. Her books include SOCIOLOGY IN OUR TIMES: THE ESSENTIALS (Cengage Learning, 2016), THE POWER OF GOOD DEEDS: PRIVILEGED WOMEN AND THE SOCIAL REPRODUCTION OF THE UPPER CLASS (Rowman & Littlefield, 2002), MEMBERS ONLY: ELITE CLUBS AND THE PROCESS OF EXCLUSION (Rowman & Littlefield, 2008), and FRAMING CLASS: MEDIA REPRESENTATIONS OF WEALTH AND POVERTY IN AMERICA, 2nd Edition (Rowman & Littlefield, 2012). Her most recent scholarly publication is Class: Still Alive and Reproducing in the United States, a book chapter in PRIVILEGE: A READER, 4th Edition (2016, Westview Press). Dr. Kendall is actively involved in national and regional sociological associations, including the American Sociological Association, the Society for the Study of Social Problems, and the Southwestern Sociological Association. She received her Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Austin, where she was invited to membership in Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
- Author(s)Diana Kendall
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1564 g
- Width225 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.