All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
About this product
- DescriptionSociology in Pictures: Research Methods is a fresh and exciting publication based on styles from graphic vels and comics. It introduces research methods using entertaining and informative pictures drawn by a leading comic illustrator. Sociology in Pictures: Research Methods offers an effective and vel learning experience. Much of the material is taken from actual research - classics like William F Whyte's Street Corner Society and more recent studies including Sudhir Venkatesh's Gang Leader for a Day. It covers research methods for Sociology at AS/A level and introductory courses at university. Contents 1. Participant observation 2. Gaining entry 3. Acting rmally 4. Street corner society 5. Observations in context 6. Ethgraphy 7. Types of interviews 8. Interview effects 9. Social desirability effects 10. Interviews with context 11. Questionnaires 12. Answering questions 13. Sampling methods 14. Response rates 15. Types of data 16. Experiments 17. Correlation 18. Testing hypotheses 19. Multiple causes 20. Case studies 21. Longitudinal studies 22. Official statistics 23. Statistics are important 24. Documents 25. Exchanging tes 26. Reliability and validity 27. Social facts 28. Social construction 29. Positivism and interpretivism 30. Starting out 31. Choosing a topic 32. Mixed methods 33. Triangulation 34. Research ethics 35. References Also available is Sociology in Pictures: Research Methods Teacher's Guide.
- Author BiographyMichael Haralambos wrote the first two editions of Sociology Themes and Perspectives and contributed to later editions. Following the phenomenal success of the book he founded Causeway Press. He is an experienced author involved in writing and editing for Social Sciences.
- Author(s)Michael Haralambos
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/03/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSociology in Pictures
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins Educational
- Out-of-print date12/05/2016
- Weight250 g
- Width159 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.