All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSociology of the Body brings together 42 classic and contemporary essays exploring the multitude of ways in which human bodies shape and are shaped by society. Employing an overarching intersectional approach, Claudia Malacrida and Jacqueline Low draw insightful connections among the diverse readings, revealing how different social constructs and relationships combine to influence how bodies are used, represented, understood, and managed. With an array of new readings and added coverage of the latest research and perspectives throughout, the second edition offers a thorough, up-to-date introduction to the sociological study of the human body.
- Author BiographyClaudia Malacrida is Professor and Chair in the Department of Sociology at the University of Lethbridge. Jacqueline Low is Professor of Sociology at the University of New Brunswick.
- Author(s)Claudia Malacrida,Dr. Jacqueline Low
- PublisherOxford University Press, Canada
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintOxford University Press, Canada
- Content Note3 tables
- Weight572 g
- Width179 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.