All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionVictor Moeller contends that authentic learning begins only when teachers challenge students with real questions that demand solutions. Socrates Does Shakespeare: Seminars and Film will help teachers of the next generation develop skills of independent, reflective, and critical thinking. It explains how to use film to bring Shakespeare to life through comparison-contrast discussion and writing. This book includes: Lesson plans on Shakespearean tragedies: Hamlet, Othello, King Lear, Macbeth and Henry V, Lesson plans on Shakesperean comedies: Taming of the Shrew, Much Ado About Nothing, As You Like It, Merchant of Venice, and Measure for Measure, Plot-check quizzes, Exercises on techniques of the Socratic method of teaching and learning, Guidelines for discussion and writing about the films, Basic questions of interpretation on the plays, Research topics for independent study, Film tation sheets. Moeller believes that anyone can acquire a life-long education from reading the works of Shakespeare-the ultimate English author-and that reading and meditation on Shakespearean plays can help form personal values.This book will be of interest to high school and college English teachers and college professors of education course.
- Author BiographyVictor Moeller currently teaches English at McHenry County College, Crystal Lake, IL. Previously, he taught Rhetoric, English, American, and world literature in private and public high schools and colleges. He was also an in-service field instructor for the Great Books Foundation in Chicago and an area director of professional development in Minnesota. During his years with the Chicago Foundation, he conducted the Great Books Basic and Advanced Leader Training Course in 36 states.He may be reached at http://user.mc.net/~moeller/ or by e-mail at email@example.com. Since 2000, he has also been a reader of the Advanced Placement English Literature and Language Exam for the College Board.
- Author(s)Victor J. Moeller
- Date of Publication28/05/2005
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight626 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.