All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeach students how to engage in thoughtful discussions about a text. Socratic seminars are highly effective at helping students read closely and think critically about what they've read. They also teach students how to participate in authentic discussions. This practical book from bestselling authors Victor and Marc Moeller is your go-to guide for getting started! It will help teachers who are new at Socratic seminars and provide fresh ideas to teachers who are experienced with the format. Part I provides guidelines on how to prepare students for discussion and how to form good discussion questions. Part II includes ready-to-use lesson plans organized by compelling themes to engage students. The lesson plans include unabridged literary and nfiction reading selections from classic and contemporary authors, as well as suggested film pairings. Authors featured in this book include...*William Faulkner * Gina Berriault * Gene Siskel * President Obama * Ray Bradbury * Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. * Kahil Gibran * William Shakespeare * Robert Frost * William Saroyan * Carson McCullers * And more!
- Author BiographyVictor J. Moeller is an English professor at McHenry Community College in Illinois. Marc V. Moeller teaches English at Prairie Middle School in the Barrington Community Unit School District in Illinois.
- Author(s)Marc Moeller,Victor Moeller
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight430 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.