All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionOn 9 January 2012, Anwar Ibrahim was acquitted of charges of sodomy against his then 23-year-old aide, Mohd Saiful. Anwar's trial lasted almost two years with many delays and appeals to the superior courts. The weeks before High Court Judge Mohd Diah Zabidin delivered his verdict were full of expectation and speculation. Most observers and lawyers - even Anwar himself - were convinced that he would be found guilty of sodomy. This book recounts the events of the trial, as reported by eminent QC Mark Trowell who observed the trial on behalf of LAWASIA, the Inter-Parliamentary Union, the International Commission of Jurists, the Commonwealth Lawyers Association and Union Internationale des Advocats from January 2010 until its conclusion two years later.
- Author BiographyMark Trowell was appointed Queen Counsel in Western Australia in 2000 and is a leading criminal lawyer. In 2001-02, he was appointed to act as the observer for LAWASIA at the sedition trial in Malaysia of distinguished lawyer and parliamentarian Karpal Singh. In May 2004, he observed at the appeal of Anwar Ibrahim against his earlier conviction and sentence.
- Author(s)Mark Trowell
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.