All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionRoberto Piazza says: 'Physics should be made simple eugh to be amusing, but t so trivial as to spoil the fun'. This is exactly the approach of this book in making the science of 'soft matter' relevant to everyday life - things such as the food we eat, the plastic we use, the concrete we build with, the cells we are made of.
- Author BiographyRoberto Piazza trained as a physicist at the school of Vittorio Degiorgio, and is now a professor of Condensed Matter Physics at the Politecnico di Milano, Italy, Associate Editor of the European Physical Journal E and coordinator of the European Space Agency's Topical Team for Applications of colloids in microgravity of the European Space Agency. He has made important contributions to research on nanoparticle suspensions, polymer and surfactant solutions and biological macromolecules. He is not only a gifted physicists, but equally well versed in history and literature.
- Author(s)Roberto Piazza
- Date of Publication30/03/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 35 colour illustrations, 3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.