All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUniting the best of Michael Fagel and Jennifer Hesterman's books in the fields of homeland security and emergency management, the editors of this volume present the prevailing issues affecting the homeland security community today. Many natural and man-made threats can impact our communities-but these well-kwn and highly respected authors create order from fear, guiding the reader through risk assessment, mitigation strategies, community EOC planning, and hardening measures based upon real-life examples, case studies, and current research in the practice. As terrorist attacks and natural disasters continue to rock the world, Soft Targets and Crisis Management emphasizes the vulnerability of soft targets like schools, churches, and hospitals, and presents the methodology necessary to respond and recover in the event of a crisis in those arenas. Features: * Based on ASIS award-winning texts * Provides a multi-faceted look at crisis management principles * Offers community-specific examples for diverse locales and threat centers * Includes up-to-date case studies on soft target attacks from around the world A must-read for security, emergency management, and criminal justice professionals, Soft Targets and Crisis Management: What Emergency Planners and Security Professionals Need to Kw is a crucial text for practitioners seeking to make the world a safer place for others.
- Author BiographyDr. Michael J. Fagel (PhD, CEM, CHS-IV) has been involved in many phases of public service. His professional career spans nearly four decades in fire, rescue, emergency medical services, law enforcement, public health, emergency management, as well as corporate safety and security. He spent 10 years at FEMA in their Occupational Safety and Health Cadre in Washington, responding to incidents and disasters such as the Oklahoma City Bombing where he worked as a safety officer and CISD and spent over 100 days at the World Trade Center for FDNY at Ground Zero after the 9/11 attacks. Over the course of his decades-long career in public service, Dr. Fagel has spent several deployments in the Middle East helping to create a national response plan and a new FEMA-type organization. Currently, he is an instructor at the Illinois Institute of Technology-Stuart School of Business, Masters in Public Affairs Program, as well as at Northwestern University in the Masters of Public Policy and Administration Program, delivering master level courses in biodefense, terrorism, and homeland security. He also teaches homeland security at Northern Illinois University, Benedictine University's Masters in Public Health Program, as well as an instructor at Eastern Kentucky University, Safety Security Emergency Management Masters Program. Dr. Jennifer L. Hesterman is a retired Colonel in the US Air Force. She was commissioned in 1986 as a graduate of Air Force ROTC at Penn State University. During her military career, she served in three Pentagon tours and commanded multiple times in the field. A cleared professional, she is an advisor for Watermark Risk Management International, a senior analyst for the MASY Group, on the Advisory Board for the Government Security Conference, and a member of the ASIS Crime and Loss Prevention Council. Dr. Hesterman holds a doctoral degree from Benedictine University and master's degrees from Johns Hopkins University and Air University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/11/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note93 black & white illustrations, 31 black & white tables, 61 black & white halftones, 32 black & white line drawings
- Weight1111 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byJennifer L. Hesterman,Michael J. Fagel
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.