Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe practice of medicine changes continually, as science guides the physician to the accomplishment of his objective, the cure of the patient. Study of the history of medicine shows that often a remedy of a disease was discovered before the cause of the disease was kwn. Often the remedy was unnecessarily complicated, but when the cause of the trouble was discovered, the cure became simple and safe. It is with the better under- standing of the true nature of thyroid disease that this book is concerned. Those who read it will be able to make their treatments of patients with diseases of the thyroid more simple and more safe. Dr. MASAYOSHI AKISADA and Dr. YOSHIHIDE FUJIMOTO have given to thyroidologists a new way of recognizing cancers of the thyroid. Taking advantage of the fact that many cancers of the thyroid contain minute areas of calcification kwn as psammoma bodies, they have developed a technique of roentgegraphic examination of the thyroid that is sensitive eugh to show these tiny opacities and to warn the internist and the surgeon that cancer is probably present. There is question that this sensitive diagstic test will prove to be of value comparable to that of mammography.
- Author(s)M. Akisada
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/12/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight286 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1973
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.