All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith today's digital techlogy, the image is longer a stable representation of the world, but a programmable view of a database that is updated in real time. It longer functions as a political and iconic representation, but plays a vital role in synchronic data-to-data relationships. It is t only part of a program, but it contains its own operating code: the image is a program in itself. Softimage aims to account for that new reality, taking readers on a journey that gradually undoes our unthinking reliance on the apparent solidity of the photographic image and building in its place an original and timely theorization of the digital image in all its complexity, one that promises to spark debate within the evolving fields of image studies and software studies.
- Author BiographyIngrid Hoelzl is assistant professor in the School of Creative Media at City University of Hong Kong. Remi Marie is a writer who lives and works in Digne-les-Bains, France, and Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Ingrid Hoelzl,Remi Marie
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication17/07/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width168 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.