Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $4.90+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by booklegend66
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmid the violence of Kenya's upcoming presidential elections, Joshua Otieng is caught between the brutal realities of life in the slum and his dream of a return to the glories of his ancestral past. Mayasa is a young woman he believes could share his dreams, but the tide of tribal conflict is too strong to resist. Journalist Mark Riley travels to East Africa to find a missing orphan, and to escape the pain of his past. Two women - feisty anthropologist Charlotte Manning and beautiful, mysterious Kazlana Ramanova - rekindle his interest in the world. On a journey to the Serengeti, they each discover that there is more to fear than just the wildlife ...Frank Coates's compelling novel is at once a thrilling adventure and a poignant exploration of grief, family and identity, set against the upheavals of twenty-first century Kenya.
- Author BiographyFrank Coates was born in Melbourne, ran away to Africa in 1989 at the age of 45, joined a UN team in Nairobi as a technical expert and a year later, on the shores of Lake Victoria, married a Tanzanian of the Nyamwezi tribe. It was a life-changing experience for the ex-Telecom Australia engineer who had earlier worked in Malaysia and Papua New Guinea. The UN contract ended, but Frank was now hooked on Africa, and worked as a consultant in countries from Kenya to Swaziland and from Mozambique to Botswana. It was during these four years that he developed his passionate interest in the political and cultural history of East Africa. His marriage didn't survive the continental shift back to Australia and he and his 'African princess' divorced some years later. They say that those who have spent time in Africa can't easily forget the experience, so after denying his urge to write for thirty years, when Frank finally began his writing career in 2001, his imagination took him back to Africa. His first novel, Tears of the Maasai made the best-seller's list in 2004. He then gave up his day job to write full time.
- Author(s)Frank Coates
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Weight328 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $72.34New
- AU $28.99New
- AU $16.49New
- AU $12.89Used
- AU $79.87New
- AU $18.82New
- AU $113.79New
- AU $22.53New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.49
- AU $76.78Trending at AU $79.87
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $72.37Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $74.63Trending at AU $83.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.