All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers all you need to kw to model and design software applications from use cases to software architectures in UML and shows how to apply the COMET UML-based modeling and design method to real-world problems. The author describes architectural patterns for various architectures, such as broker, discovery, and transaction patterns for service-oriented architectures, and addresses software quality attributes including maintainability, modifiability, testability, traceability, scalability, reusability, performance, availability, and security. Complete case studies illustrate design issues for different software architectures: a banking system for client/server architecture, an online shopping system for service-oriented architecture, an emergency monitoring system for component-based software architecture, and an automated guided vehicle for real-time software architecture. Organized as an introduction followed by several short, self-contained chapters, the book is perfect for senior undergraduate or graduate courses in software engineering and design, and for experienced software engineers wanting a quick reference at each stage of the analysis, design, and development of large-scale software systems.
- Author BiographyHassan Gomaa is Professor and Chair of the Department of Computer Science at George Mason University. Gomaa has more than thirty years experience in software engineering, both in industry and academia. He has published more than 150 technical papers and is the author of three previous books: Designing Software Product Lines with UML; Designing Concurrent, Distributed, and Real-Time Applications with UML; and Software Design Methods for Concurrent and Real-Time Systems.
- Author(s)Hassan Gomaa
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/02/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note344 b/w illus.
- Weight1210 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.