All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers the use and development of software for astromy. It describes the control systems used to point the telescope and operate its cameras and spectrographs, as well as the web-based tools used to plan those observations. In addition, the book also covers the analysis and archiving of astromical data once it has been acquired. Readers will learn about existing software tools and packages, develop their own software tools, and analyze real data sets.
- Author BiographyAs both an astronomer and a software developer, Dr. Albert Conrad has developed and used software systems for all phases of observing: from planning the observation, to taking the data, to analyzing the data in preparation for publication. Dr. Conrad's research interests include asteroid systems and developing novel techniques to study comets, planets, and the moons of planets, in particular Jupiter's moon Io. His complete bibliography includes nearly 100 publications including 24 articles in refereed journals. These range from his early software designs for the Keck Observatory to his discovery of a small moon orbiting the asteroid 41 Daphne. He enjoys sharing the results of his research through public lectures and classroom visits. Dr. Conrad received his PhD in Computer Science from the University of California at Santa Cruz in 1994. He then worked as software engineer and support astronomer at both Lick and Keck Observatories before moving to the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy to lead the development of a next generation adaptive optics system. He enjoys cycling, running, and outrigger canoe paddling.
- Author(s)Albert R. Conrad
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/10/2013
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Astronomy
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 18 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight183 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.