Software Testing with Visual Studio 2010 by Jeff Levinson, Steven Borg (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.64+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by pennyboutiqueau
- Est. delivery by 6 Mar
- AU $34.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUse Visual Studio 2010's Breakthrough Testing Tools to Improve Quality Throughout the Entire Software Lifecycle Together, Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, Visual Studio Test Professional 2010, Lab Management 2010, and Team Foundation Server offer Microsoft developers the most sophisticated, well-integrated testing solution they've ever had. Now, Microsoft MVP and VS testing guru Jeff Levinson shows exactly how to use Microsoft's new tools to save time, reduce costs, and improve quality throughout the entire development lifecycle. Jeff demonstrates how Microsoft's new tools can help you finally overcome long-standing communication, coordination, and management challenges. You'll discover how to perform first-rate functional testing; quickly create and execute tests and record the results with log files and video; and create bugs directly from tests, ensuring reproducibility and eliminating wasted time. Levinson offers in-depth coverage of Microsoft's powerful new testing metrics, helping you ensure traceability all the way from requirements through finished software. Coverage includes / Planning your tests using Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) / Creating test settings, structuring test cases, and managing the testing process / Executing manual tests with Microsoft Test Manager and Test Runner / Filing and resolving bugs, and customizing your bug reporting process / Automating test cases and linking automated tests with requirements / Executing automated test cases through both Visual Studio and Microsoft Test Manager / Integrating automated testing into the build process / Using Microsoft's Lab Management virtualization platform to test applications, snapshot environments, and reproduce bugs / Implementing detailed metrics for evaluating quality and identifying improvements Whether you're a developer, tester, manager, or analyst, this book can help you significantly improve the way you work and the results you deliver--both as an individual right w, and as a team member throughout your entire project.
- Author BiographyJeff Levinson has 16 years of experience in software development in many different roles--developer, tester, architect, project manager, and scrum master at several large companies. Jeff is currently a Senior Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Consultant for Northwest Cadence, which is a company that specializes in Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, methodologies, and process improvement. In his day-to-day work, Jeff helps teams, organizations, and companies adopt more efficient processes, improve quality, and reduce costs associated with software development. Jeff is a frequent speaker at industry events and writes a twice-monthly column for Visual Studio Magazine Online. This is his fourth book on software development. His other books are Building Client/Server Applications with VB.NET (Apress 2003), Pro Visual Studio Team System 2005 (Apress 2006), and Pro Visual Studio Team System with Team Edition for Database Professionals (Apress 2007). Jeff has a master's degree in software engineering from Carnegie Mellon University and is an MCP, MCAD, MCSD, MCDBA, and MCT. Jeff currently lives in Washington State with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Jeff Levinson,Steven Borg
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/02/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight568 g
- Width197 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.