All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive, practical book on software management that dispels real-world issues through relevant case studies Software managers inevitably will meet obstacles while trying to deliver quality products and provide value to customers, often with tight time restrictions. The result: Software War Stories. This book provides readers with practical advice on how to handle the many issues that can arise as a software project unfolds. It utilizes case studies that focus on what can be done to establish and meet reasonable expectations as they occur in government, industrial, and academic settings. The book also offers important discussions on both traditional and agile methods as well as lean development concepts. Software War Stories: * Covers the basics of management as applied to situations ranging from agile projects to large IT projects with infrastructure problems * Includes coverage of topics ranging from planning, estimating, and organizing to risk and opportunity management * Uses twelve case studies to communicate lessons learned by the author in practice * Offers end-of-chapter exercises, sample solutions, and a blog for providing updates and answers to readers' questions Software War Stories: Case Studies in Software Management mentors practitioners, software engineers, students and more, providing relevant situational examples encountered when managing software projects and organizations.
- Author BiographyDONALD J. REIFER is one of the thought leaders in the field of software engineering and management with over forty years of progressive experience in industry, government, and academia. He has founded software companies, operated as a senior executive official in the government, and was a visiting associate at a collaborative research center at USC. The author of ten books and over 200 publications, Mr. Reifer is the recipient of such industry and government awards as the AIAA Aerospace Software Engineering Award, the Secretary of Defense Medal for Outstanding Public Service, and the Friedman Award, among others.
- Author(s)Donald J. Reifer
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/12/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight524 g
- Width163 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.