All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are all members of a one-earth society, and caring for the earth and soul is interrelated. This is the message of Satish Kumar, the internationally-respected peace and environment activist who has been gently setting the agenda for change for over 50 years. In Soil, Soul & Society, Satish presents the new trinity for our age of sustainability. One that shares the kwledge that we ourselves are very much part of nature; that what we do to nature we in fact do to ourselves; and that the earth is soulful. In this book, he inspires readers with the kwledge we are all leaders and can create change. He urges readers to create a new consciousness that reveres nature and explores how, as a global society, we need to embrace diversity and become pilgrims on this earth t tourists. To bring about change in the world we must be the change we wish to see.
- Author BiographySatish Kumar is an international peace and environment activist and a former Jain monk. He made headlines around the globe when he walked from New Delhi to Moscow, Paris, London and Washington, delivering 'peace tea' to the countries' leaders. Satish is the long-standing editor of the highly respected Resurgence & The Ecologist magazine, and co-founder of the Schumacher College, which educates its students in eco-consciousness and the means for effective change.
- Author(s)Satish Kumar
- PublisherThe Ivy Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Ivy Press
- Weight300 g
- Width156 mm
- Height209 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.