All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeople all over the world have been riveted by the story of Cairo, a Belgian malinois, who was part of the team that led the bin Laden raid. You don't have to be a dog-lover to be fascinated by the idea that a dog - the cousin of that furry boy begging for scraps under your table - could be one of the heroes who helped execute the most vital and high-tech military mission of the new millennium. There's the story of Pfc. Colton Rusk, shot by Taliban fighters in Afghanistan last December. Under fire, Rusk's explosives-sniffing dog, Eli, rushed to his side and crawled on top of him to protect him. Don't call this anthropomorphism to a soldier who has witnessed a dog put its life on the line. In many cases, dogs are credited with giving up their own lives to save the lives of their beloved handlers. There's no doubt these canines are incomparable troopers - brave, loyal, and superbly well suited to their tasks. But there's something else that draws us to these dogs and their stories, something endearingly ironic: for all their remarkable feats, they're not only our heroes, they're our best friends.
- Author BiographyMaria Goodavage is the editor and featured writer for one of the most widely read dog blogs in the world, 'For the Love of Dog' at Dogster.com.
- Author(s)Maria Goodavage
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication23/05/2012
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintViking Australia
- Out-of-print date18/06/2016
- Weight406 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.