All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a background in the mechanics of solids for students of mechanical engineering, while limiting the information on why materials behave as they do. It is assumed that the students have already had courses covering materials science and basic statics. Much of the material is drawn from ather book by the author, Mechanical Behavior of Materials. To make the text suitable for mechanical engineers, the chapters on slip, dislocations, twinning, residual stresses, and hardening mechanisms have been eliminated and the treatment of ductility, viscoelasticity, creep, ceramics, and polymers has been simplified.
- Author BiographyWilliam Hosford is a Professor Emeritus of Materials Science at the University of Michigan. He is the author of numerous research publications, including Materials for Engineers; Metal Forming, third edition (with Robert M. Caddell); Materials Science: An Intermediate Text; Reporting Results (with David C. Van Aken); Mechanics of Crystals and Textured Polycrystals; and Mechanical Metallurgy.
- Author(s)William F. Hosford
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note225 b/w illus. 8 tables 180 exercises
- Weight480 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.