Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains the papers presented at the international research sympo- sium Solid Modeling by Computers: From Theory to Applications, held at the General Motors Research Laboratories on September 25-27, 1983. This was the 28th syposium in aseries which the Research Laboratories began sponsor- ing in 1957. Each symposium has focused on a topic that is both under active study at the Research Laboratories and is also of interest to the larger technical community. Solid modeling is still a very young research area, young even when com- pared with other computer-related research fields. Ten years ago, few people recognized the importance of being able to create complete and unambiguous computer models of mechanical parts. Today there is wide recognition that computer representations of solids are aprerequisite for the automation of many engineering analyses and manufacturing applications. In September 1983, the time was ripe for a symposium on this subject. Re- search had already demonstrated the efficacy of solid modeling as a tool in computer automated design and manufacturing, and there were significant re- suIts wh ich could be presented at the symposium. Yet the field was still young eugh that we could bring together theorists in solid modeling and practition- ers applying solid modeling to other research areas in a group sm all eugh to allow a stimulating exchange of ideas.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/12/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight758 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJohn W. Boyse,Mary S. Pickett
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.